EVENT POSTPONED - Galaxy single cell RNA-seq data analysis workshop in Freiburgtraining
From 2020-03-23 to 2020-03-27 - Add to your Calendar
We are offering a Galaxy workshop on single cell RNA-seq data analysis. 39 participants will be selected from all applicants.
To apply for attendance, please sign in here.
[ Event Postponed due to Coronavirus ]
We apologies for any inconvenience, and will update this event page as soon as we are able to resume the workshop. All currently allocated places will be saved and we will email you to reconfirm your participation in the next single-cell workshop.
LocationPC Pool 3
79098, Freiburg im Breisgau,
- If you are registered but cannot attend our workshop, please contact us by email immediately. We have a long waiting list and can give your place to others, even on short notice.
- Please register to our European Galaxy server to perform the analysis.
- You can bring your own notebook or desktop computers will be available. Eduroam is available, ask your institute for how to login.
- The workshop is free of charge. No stipends for travel or accommodation are available.
Every day the workshop will run from 9:00-17:00 (give or take, depending on questions at the end). If the times will change, it will be announced during the workshop.
Preliminary schedule. Topics may be adjusted according to the participants demand
|Tue||Reference-based RNA-Seq data analysis|
|Wed||Pre-processing of General / 10X Single-Cell RNA Datasets|
|Thu||Downstream analysis with RaceID, and Clustering 3K PBMCs with ScanPy|
|Fri||Interactive Environments, Jupyter Notebooks and Q&A … (until 14:00)|
The first two days have the same content as our regular Galaxy courses, therefore you may register for one of two options:
- Full Week Workshop: 5 days, Mon - Fri (Galaxy Intro, RNA-seq, scRNA-seq)
- Half Week Workshop: 3 days, Wed - Fri (Only scRNA-seq)
Please go through two Galaxy interactive tours before beginning the training. These interactive tours guide you stepwise through the Galaxy user interface and the history. They will help you to follow the Galaxy introduction, and ensure everyone has a basic understanding of how Galaxy works.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
From Basel airport to Freiburg you have two options:
- Take the train to Freiburg Hauptbahnhof (ICE or EC takes 30 min; Regio 60 min)
- Take the airport shuttle bus to Freiburg Hauptbahnhof (Timetable)
From Freiburg Hauptbahnhof to Venue you can walk or use local public transport (VAG):
- Tram line map
- Tram line: 5
- Tram stop: “Erbprinzenstraße”
Some suggestions for hotels (please check portals such as HRS, booking, etc.)
|Hotel am Rathaus||Rathausgasse 4-8||Website|
|Hotel Barbara||Poststrasse 4||Website|
|Intercity Hotel Freiburg||Bismarckallee 3||Website|
|Stadthotel Freiburg Kolping Hotel & Gästehaus||Karlstr.7||Website|
|Ibis Freiburg Süd (bit more far away)||Bötzinger Str.76||Website|
|StayInn Hostel und Gästehaus||Stühlinger Str.24a||Website|
Note: In Freiburg you sometimes have to pay an additional accommodation tax. For business trips this tax does not to be paid if your employer fills out this form. You will need to show this form to the hotel.