Galaxy HTS data analysis workshop in Freiburg
From 2018-09-17 to 2018-09-21 - Add to your Calendar
Galaxy workshop on HTS data analysis, September 2018, registration is open! For attendance, please apply here
The Freiburg Galaxy Team and Deep-Sequencing unit at the MPI-IE Freiburg offer an introductory course to the analysis of high-throughput sequencing data using the Galaxy platform.
LocationInstitute for Biology II/III
79104, Freiburg im Breisgau,
- If you are registered but cannot attend our workshop, please contact us by email immediately. We have a long waiting list and can give your place to others, even on short notice.
- Please register at https://usegalaxy.eu if you have not done so already. For the MPI people: the European Galaxy server is different from the Galaxy server of MPI: you will need an account on our server, too.
- You can bring your own notebook or computers will be available. Eduroam is available, ask your institute for how to login.
- The workshop is free of charge. Unfortunately no stipends for travel or accommodation are available.
If the times will change, it will be announced during the workshop.
|Monday||10:00||17:00||HTS and Galaxy presentations and introduction||tutorial|
|Tueday||9:00||17:00||Quality control, Mapping, ChIP-seq analysis, IGV introduction||tutorial, slides|
|Wednesday||9:00||17:00||RNA-seq analysis||tutorial, slides|
|Thursday||9:00||17:00||HiC data analysis|
|Friday||9:00||13:00||Exercises & discussion|
You must go through two Galaxy interactive tours before beginning the training. These interactive tours guide you stepwise through the Galaxy user interface and the history. They will help you to follow the Galaxy introduction, and ensure everyone has a basic understanding of how Galaxy works.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
From Basel airport to Freiburg you have two options:
- Take the train to Freiburg Hauptbahnhof (ICE or EC takes 30 min; Regio 60 min)
- Take the airport shuttle bus to Freiburg Hauptbahnhof (Timetable)
From Freiburg Hauptbahnhof to Venue you should use local public transport (VAG):
- Tram line map
- Tram line: 2
- Tram stop: “Hauptstraße”
You are looking for building 1 (Institute of Biology II/III) on the university map
Some suggestions for hotels (please check portals such as HRS, booking, etc.)
|Hotel am Rathaus||Rathausgasse 4-8||Website|
|Hotel Barbara||Poststrasse 4||Website|
|Intercity Hotel Freiburg||Bismarckallee 3||Website|
|Stadthotel Freiburg Kolping Hotel & Gästehaus||Karlstr.7||Website|
|Ibis Freiburg Süd (bit more far away)||Bötzinger Str.76||Website|
|StayInn Hostel und Gästehaus||Stühlinger Str.24a||Website|
Note: In Freiburg you sometimes have to pay an additional accommodation tax. For business trips this tax does not to be paid if your employer fills out this form. You will need to show this form to the hotel.