The European Galaxy Team is hiring!
We have a wide variety of active projects and are searching for a software engineer (100%), system analysts/administrators (100%), data analyst (100%), and a community and/or research manager (100%).
Current areas of expertise include:
- Distributed computing and systems programming. We are engaged in the development of workflow systems, cloud computing based solutions, and other projects involving high performance and data intensive computing.
- Web-based visualization and visual analytics. We are building web interfaces for visual analysis of large data sets that leverage cutting edge web technologies.
- Informatics and big data analysis and integration. We build and use tools to analyze large datasets generated by high-throughput DNA sequencing to understand genomes and genome function.
- Bioinformatics application areas such as transcriptomics, epigenetics, metagenomics and genome annotation.
- Machine learning and cheminformatics. We want to make machine learning and cheminformatics more accessible and reproducible.
- Linux containers technologies and software management with conda. We are heavily involved in Bioconda, conda-forge and BioContainers to build the new scientific stack for reproducible research.
- Train the next generation of data scientists. We aim to democratize bioinformatics infrastructure and knowledge. We are passionate about training and education across the world.
- Building the European Life-Science Infrastructure. The European Galaxy project is part of de.NBI, ELIXIR and EOSC to build a sustainable and transparent research platform.
If you are interested to work with us, send us an email and help us to make science more accessible, reproducible, and transparent.