Galaxy-ELIXIR Webinar 5: Behind the scenes - Global Open Infrastructures at worktraining COVID-19
From 2020-05-28 to 2020-05-28 - Add to your Calendar
Galaxy-ELIXIR Webinar Series: FAIR data and Open Infrastructures to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic
The Galaxy Community and ELIXIR organise a webinar series to demonstrate how open software and public research infrastructures can be used in analysing and publishing SARS-CoV2 data.
Session 5: Behind the scenes - Global Open Infrastructures at work
28 May 2020, 17.00-18.00 CEST (starts at 16.00 BST, 11.00 EDT, 8.00 PDT)
This session will guide the participants how they can use the Galaxy compute capacities to run their own analysis. It will present the Pulsar network that connects data centres and High Performance Computing clusters to share their computation power in support of the Galaxy Europe users and provide examples of how to submit an analysis job from the user’s perspective.
- Gianmauro Cuccuru, University of Freiburg, Germany, member of the European Galaxy team
- Marco Antonio Tangaro, The Institute of Biomembranes, Bioenergetics and Molecular Biotechnologies, Bari, Italy
- Simon Gladman, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Nate Coraor, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Frederik Coppens, Head of Node of ELIXIR Belgium and Co-Lead of the ELIXIR Galaxy Community
- Björn Grüning, Technical Coordinator of ELIXIR Germany and Co-Lead of the ELIXIR Galaxy Community